US Capital Building

What I Want To Get Done By This Journey

I'm going to walk across America to learn about the people who live in this country and the true meaning of being American. I will walk to every state's capital to learn a better understand why Americans are the way they are. During high school, my life was about lacrosse and typical student but after I decided to not continue that life. I was at a last for a meaning to life until I came up with this adventure. Now all I'm waiting is the money for food and then I will start out on my journey.

Is this a good idea?

Friday, February 22, 2008

Mission Statement

I lived for nineteen in the beautiful town of Chesapeake Beach but I have decided I need to leave to further my development as an American citizen I need to leave this town.















Chesapeake Beach, Maryland


Whats better to learn the American life than to walk across its land and visit all of the places where the history are stored and made everyday. I believe the best way to discover the true meaning behind America I need to give up most of the advantages of being an American citizen. I will leave home behind and never look back until I have visited all of the state capital attainable by land. Also, I will be going to major historical sites which our f ore-fathers have died protecting ideals the American people take for granted today. Some places I will go to are:















The Alamo













The Gettysburg Battlefield

















The Hover Dam



During the past couple of weeks, I have been planing this adventure and I plan to leave when I find enough money for food. The belongings that will be accompanying me are a notebook and writing utensil (so I can write down what I'm feeling at any given time), two pairs of jeans, three pairs of shirts, three pairs of underwear, a tent and sleeping bag, two one gallon milk cartons for water, walking shoes, a jacket and sweats for cold weather, glove and a knit hat also for cold weather, four pairs of socks (aways where two at a time on each foot), a rubber lacrosse ball (for something to do while walking), a camera to document my journey along the way, a fire starter, a prepaid phone just in case of an emergency, a survival knife and a little bit of money for food along the way. I think those are the only ideas you need to live and everything else are the comforts the society makes us take for granted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. I think it's a huge endeavor to WALK instead of drive. Even driving is an extremely big deal. I'd love to find out about your route because I'm planning to spend 6 months driving across the county but can't figure out what the best route is. I also must visit all the states and capitals.

George Sioux said...

Well if you look to the right in the page I have mapped out my route by list everywhere I'm going to go. Also I'm going to try and go to a library when I can but I'm also going to be writing inside notebooks on the way and mail them to my friend so he can also update my blog. Well thank you about the idea of driving but the point of leaving is to be in the lowest of low to understand how good Americans have it. Also to inform people of all of my findings to hopefully change peoples minds about their country.